Sunday 21 October 2012

My pockets are for tissues #3

Dear Frances,

Aside finding in my pockets the butchered corpse of Philip Schofield, a bloodied axe, a badly-penned sketch of the butchered corpse of Philip Schofield, and a chainsaw bearing your name smeared in blood, Coleen Nolan's been sick in the pool.

Words cannot express how furious I am with you, Frances. Shop receipts, packets of sweets: no room for anything.

You left me no choice and that’s why I did what I did.

I skinned your dog. I filled your dog’s skin with bits of Philip and now Dog Skin Phil carries my keys and my housing forms and my tissues and my coins. I don’t need pockets now because of Dog Skin Phil.

You should see him swim.

Sometimes I look at my family and wonder what life would be like if they were all dead. I have nowhere to put that thought, Frances. Nowhere at all.

Yours sincerely,

Elizabeth Tent

No comments:

Post a Comment